A Designated Building for Individualized Infection Medicine
The LOCATION HANNOVER - BRAUNSCHWEIG is one of the most important German research regions in the field of infectiology. The close partnership between the HZI in Braunschweig and the MHH, clearly underlined by the joint translational research center TWINCORE, forms the active core for many outstanding regional and supraregional alliances and initiatives here and, in turn, promotes the profile building of the HZI and MHH.
The joint idea of the HZI and the MHH to advance individualized approaches in infection medicine is thus already offered here a unique combination of expertise and infrastructure for translational infection research. However, the existing capacities and equipment are not sufficient to realize the concept of Individualized Infection Medicine, which requires a completely new quality of collaboration and technological equipment. Due to the described need, the partners HZI and MHH decided to establish the Center for Individualized Infection Medicine at the Hannover site and were able to raise the necessary funds with a convincing concept. A research building with a total investment of 24.9 million euros can thus be realized with the provision of 18.4 million euros from the Helmholtz Association, a special pledge of 5 million euros from the state of Lower Saxony and an own contribution of 1.5 million euros from the HZI. The building site, which is located in the immediate vicinity of the MHH and the TWINCORE, will be made available by the MHH.
Upcoming dates regarding the CiiM building:
- Building Engineering/Programming workshop with CiiM users (scheduled for May 2020).
- Laboratory designer selection (scheduled for May 2020).
- Commissioning of general planner, January 2020
- Selection of general planner based on preliminary building designs and bids, December 2019.
- Submission of preliminary building designs and concepts by applicants, November 2019.
- Invitation to selected applicants to participate, September 2019.
- Publication of the invitation to tender for the design services for the preparation of the ZBau application, August 2019.
- Coordination meeting according to RZBau, April 2019.
- Approval of the HZI Supervisory Board for the construction project, 2018.
- Review of the operational and organizational concept by HIS-HE, 2018.
- Development of the operational and organizational concept including a space plan, 2018.
- Positive resolution in the Helmholtz Senate, 2017.
- Application for funding, 2016